Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Favorites: November 20th

Happy Friday! Welcome to the "My Wishlist" edition of Friday Favorites, in honor of the impending holiday season, aaaaand my birthday tomorrow! This is a list of the "oooooh pretty" and mostly unattainable, expensive things that make up my Pinterest dreams--because if you can't indulge in daydreams on your birthday, when can you, eh?

So. Apparently it seems that my (frivolous) dreams are made of leather goods, Pendleton wool, plaid-esque textiles, and shiny things. Ah, well.

Favorite Dreamy Dream Place: Aspens in the fall. One of the only things I miss about living in North Park was the fall. The Aspens would turn gold and red and it was the most gorgeous thing ever. Bert and I would ride through groves of Aspens while gathering cows off the mountain and I would always stop for a minute to just be and soak in all that golden light. If I were to ever build my own house, it would be in an aspen grove at the bottom of a mountain. With a barn and a good set of pens.


Favorite Place to Dream: Pottery Barn Coleman Bed. I know, I know, all I've been able to talk about is wood bed frames, and now this. But I was looking around our room the other day, and we have a light wood dresser and two whitewashed dressers (code for old house=tiiiiny closets), and I don't know if I'm decoratively handy enough to incorporate a third wood. So, I think I metal bed like this would be a great option! Here's to hoping I can find one online or at an antique store for (a lot) cheaper.

Favorite Lotion Scent EVER: Whish Blueberry Body Butter. I got this in my Birchbox, and I'm obsessed with it. I can't say it smells like blueberry--like banana Laffy Taffy tastes nothing like banana--but it's still the most delicious smell ever, and smooth like buttah. Perfect for dry winter crackly hands.


Favorite Pretty Thing to Keep Me Organized in 2016: Gold Planner. This is gorgeous. I love when people make ordinary things pretty, just to add a little pep to day-to-day things. My planning skills of late leave something to be desired. I attribute this to a tiny human. This would help, I am certain of it. I may Christmas gift it to myself. Because, really, mom being organized with a pretty pink and gold binder planner is just better for everyone, right?



Favorite Droooooool: Elizabeth Baby Bag by Lily Jade. I found Lily Jade on Instagram a couple months ago, and oh. my. gosh. I didn't know baby bags this beautiful existed. Granted, it's pricey, and I'll have to save up until the birth of my next (as yet unconceived) child to afford one, but still. I love love love my baby bag now, but this is a wishlist, remember? What's a wishlist without a superfluous bag? Is something this functional and beautiful really every superfluous, though? 
Favorite Brightly-Colored Drooooool: Pendleton Weekender. With all the weekend traveling we do for rodeos in the summer, having a big-enough-but-not-duffel-sized bag that's as gorgeous as this would be oh so nice. I swear by my Vera stuff, but I don't have a true weekender bag--I have a one-nighter, and a three-plus nighter. Can you tell I'm trying to justify the heck outta this?
Favorite On-The-Ranch leather good: Bogs Pearl Boot. These are leather. These are waterproof. These are Bogs, which are my favorite muck boot. These are camel. I love camel. These are another example of someone making  completely mundane thing pretty, and I would love to call a pair mine. I live in boots in the winter, and these would seriously up my stylish-yet-functional mom game.

Edited to add: YOU. GUYS. As I was looking for a link to link this to, I realized that this tan color is now discontinued so they're getting rid of them online. Sad, right? NOT IF YOU WANT TO SCORE THESE BAD BOYS ON MAJOR SALE! As in, I just bought a pair for $51 on Amazon. Not kidding. At all. My gift from Bert for my birthday is to go shopping, and I may have just spent half my budget but I got these beauts for 70% off and that's a victory in and of itself, and makes these so much sweeter. Finally, having big ole feet has paid off, because the bigger sizes are cheapest. CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT. 


Favorite Actually-Not-Expensive Thing That I Will Probably Budget For in 2016 Because My Current Curling Iron is (literally) Fifteen Years Old: Hot Tools 1.5" Curling Iron. My curling iron is literally 15 years old, as in I used it to curl my hair when I was in the Nutcracker in middle school. My hair dryer isn't much better. I know I usually air-dry my hair, but that does not contribute to my stylish mom dreams. Nor does this situation. Yikes, Cass.
Favorite Sparkly Drooooool: Stacked Wedding Bands. My dream is to have one unique band for each kid. These are nice to look at to get some ideas. 

See how offhand I was about that? Nonchalant, you know? Like "just to get some ideas for how to spend this extra $2,000 I have laying around.


Favorite Plaid: Pendleton Shirt Jac. Ohhhh Pendleton. You have my heart. You know my soul. You don't know my budget though. Le sigh.

Favorite Unnecessary Pretty: Pretty Nikes. Since I don't wear leggings during the week, I pretty much live in workout wear on the weekends for the comfort and get-off-thy-rear motivating factor of being in Spandex all day, and some pretty floral Nikes would sure make it extra fun.

Favorite Completely Unnecessary But Amazing Gingham Situation: Gingham Pajamas. I love pajama sets. I love gingham. What else is there to say? Follow the yellow brick road!

Primary Image of Gingham Pajama Set


I love a good daydream. Thanks for being part of mine.

Well, my sort of daydream. Because when a piece of your daydream becomes reality (I'm looking at you, pretty pretty boots!), you're like "Wait, is this Harry Potter?!?" and then you're immediately disappointed because no, it isn't, but hey, you still got some pretty neat boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment