Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Drifted In

Y'all. The weather sucks.

They predicted that we'd get snow, but last year the predictions were pretty hit-or miss--the weatherman would say that we're in for a doozy, and we'd get, like, an inch. Or, they'd say "nothing to worry about, just a light dusting!" and eight inches later, we decided to take the weather forecasts with a grain of salt.

Yesterday, it looked like it may not be so bad. I started taking pictures around 3:00.





And then, this morning:



I mean, we have our own personal snowdrift. I recognize this isn't the biggest snowdrift to ever grace the internets, or this driveway, probably, but still. Personal watermelons are a thing, but I wish personal snowdrifts weren't. I don't even know how much snow we've gotten because it's so windy! My guess is about a foot.

So, what to do on a day when you don't dare to leave the house? In a past life, I would have put on my coveralls with Bert this morning, and went out with him to feed the cows. However, babies+blizzards aren't the best combination, so we're stuck inside today. I can't say I hate being warm, but I do miss being able to feed cows because I like it! But, today was a two-man-feeding-crew kind of day, and ain't me and Wacey plus two cowboys gonna fit in the cab of a tractor. I promise I'll get some pictures when it's a pretty, Christmas card-type snow where it isn't blowing hard enough to suck Wacey out of my Ergo carrier.

Or something. I don't think that's actually happened, but I'm trying to convey the magnitude that is the wind today.

Instead, I worked on organizing yet more DNA cards (I'm almost finished, I can't wait to show the final project! I also can't wait to quit organizing DNA cards!) with Christmas movies in the background, obviously, because it's snowing. Snow before New Year's=Christmas. Duh.


Then, I went on a walk to get the mail to a) get out of the house b) look for the snow shovel (where did I put it???) and c) get my steps and active minutes in because I'm obsessed with my fitbit.

oh and 4: to listen to Christmas music while wading through knee+ high snow drifts. 

This is what I discovered:

If you want to get gas at our gas tanks, you're SOL.

 Four-wheel drive is a must.




And there's no way our mail was delivered today, because this is the county road, ha. It's drifted in to about waist height for about half a mile, apparently.


On that note....it's beginning to look a lot like Christmaaaaaaaaaasssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment