Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Super Tuesday

It's Super Tuesday. Buuuuut rather than focus on the madness happening at the polls today,  I am focusing on all the reasons why Tuesday is super over here (while simultaneously praying that America just knocks it off already and quits goofing around with the fake support of bad candidates). 

I'm also drinking my daily lemon water, while simultaneously praying that if American doesn't knock it off, someone else gets nominated anyway because let's get real, here.

Reason #1: This morning, BEFORE Wacey woke up, I got in 6500 steps and all of my active minutes. I'm trying so hard to be healthier and while I don't enjoy waking up early every morning, it's worth it sometimes to have that goal checked off my list first thing. I re-watched the two episodes of  Friends where Rachel has Emma, and man, having a baby changes how you watch episodes of sitcoms where people are having babies!


Reason #2: I FINALLY ordered the paint for the dresser makeover I've been planning. I've been putting it off because there's a store in Colorado Springs that sells the paint and I thought I could make a worthwhile trip down there, but I haven't had the time so I just ate the shipping cost. I'm so excited for it to get here!

Reason #3: I'm dressed, my face is on, Wacey is asleep, I'm caught up on getting my calves entered, and that means I have time to work on other projects for work, aka sorting out DNA.


Reason #4: My Living Proof proof order is On Vehicle for Delivery today, according to my tracking number. My samples ran out a couple of days ago and I can't wait for those full-size miracle workers to get into my hot little hands!

Reason #5: Our driveway got graded today. As I've said before, in Rural America, road graders=happiness. 


Reason #6: I have leftover tortellini for lunch. Even though I don't pack lunch anymore, having something other than my standard gets me SO excited. I'm a loser. It's okay.

Reason #7: It's March, the weather is beautiful, and I can't help but start looking forward to spring! I know we'll get at least one more big snow--it is March in Colorado, after all--but it's nice to know that we're on the downhill side of a mountain with an usually snowy winter. That was a really awkward metaphor. 

Reason #8: Does anyone else feel happy (or at least a little proud) when they adult? I do. I know, I'm in my late twenties, married with a kid, you would think being responsible would lose its allure, but no siree bob! If you saw my "Continue Watching for Cassidy" queue on Netflix, you would know that adulting does not extend into every area of my life.

I've been working with our insurance agent to get our renter's and personal property insurance up-to-date (because apparently we are saddle/chaps/bit/spur collectors now), and I added life insurance (because it feels irresponsible to me to have a kid and not have life insurance), and opened savings accounts for us and for Wace that accrue much higher interest than our current setup. I'm particularly excited for the last part because having an automatic debit into an account that's harder to access (aka not linked to my checking account ha) with higher interest payments is pretty exciting! I know. L on the forehead. Haters gonna hate, I'm just gonna earn interest. 

Worst song ever.

Happy Super Tuesday! May we all wake up tomorrow to much better political news! 


1 comment: