Thursday, December 3, 2015

Elk on the PiVOT

I hope someone gets the Friends reference in the title. It's one of my favorites, as anyone who has moved her fair share of sofas can relate.

In the winter, we have a herd of elk that comes down to the pivot behind our house almost every day. I never get tired of seeing them, or taking pictures of them!


Next year, though, I think I'll try to get the pivot stopped on the other side. It detracts from the picturesque quality of the scene. Also, it's broken. To be fair, I don't think it was meant to stop there. It just fell over.




Aren't elk the best? They're enormous, truly. Not as big as moose, of course, but since moosen are scarce in these parts, they're the biggest. I'm sure we have some very fat cows that outweigh them, but we don't talk about them. It makes them self-conscious. They don't like being compared to elk.

Merry third day of December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment