Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Golden Evening


I know it's hard to see, but this is one of my favorite views on the ranch. I took this the other evening on my way back from the other side of our camp. The sun was all glowy and it was just so pretty I had to stop and take a picture.

Sometimes, living in the country is sort of a pain. Everything is far away, and it's always a production to go anywhere. Our cars are always dusty, and there's no such thing as running into town to get a gallon of milk or a little sugar.

But, the other 75% (or maybe like 99%)  of the time, it's definitely not.


Golden evenings like this one make my heart happy. There's a magic at this time of day, and it's always been my favorite.

When Bert and I were dating, we'd pack up some bottled root beer and potato chips and go for a drive in the evenings during the summer. We'd drive around dusty roads, talk, be silly, and make up dumb songs. We still do this sometimes, actually, just with a baby in the backseat. If we're feeling really wild, we grab Dr. Pepper instead.


We're two crazy kids, I know. And this is one gorgeous view. 

I'd throw in a #blessed, but I'm not sure I'm that hip. 

Hashtags are actually pound signs, anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment