Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Favorites 12.18.15

Happy last Friday before Christmas! We are in full-swing holiday mode around here and I LOVE it. I'm not sure whether it's because Wacey is here this year (or because I'm not pregnant), or because I'm better prepared or what, but this year has been much less stressful than years past, and it's great. I'm only waiting on a couple more gifts to arrive in the mail, but I secretly like stretching it out because isn't getting packages in the mail the best?!

Here are my Friday Favorites this week, I hope you're having a great pre-Christmas week!!

Favorite DIY Project: Wooden Baby Gate. Wacey is officially pulling himself up anywhere that he can, so it won't be long before he's attempting the stairs. We only have a small flight of stairs (like six steps) down to the garden level, but Wacey moves so darn fast that I'd like a baby gate there. I love how these ones look!


Favorite Fierceness: Boss Quote. Even though this isn't in the correct order (money doesn't come first), it's the right idea. I find myself thinking something along these lines pretty often as of late. Because really, if it isn't making you happy, making you better, or making you money, why make time for it?! Priorities.


 Favorite Holiday: Cutest Car Ever. I'm a sucker for anything with vintage charm, and this picture is no exception. It looks so optimistic, you know? Like you know whoever is driving it has SO MUCH holiday cheer!


Favorite Kid Thing: Playon Crayons. Wacey isn't quite ready for coloring, but when he is, I think I'm going to scoop him up some of these crayons. They fit little hands (and fingers!) are a fun shape, won't break and become a choking hazard, and are neat colors!

Primary
Favorite Face Thing: Laura Lacquer's Dark Spot Skincare Regimen. Ten months post-baby, my skin is almost clear and recovered thanks to my favorite Lancome products. But, I still have a lot of dark spots from healed acne, and they're driving me crazy! I hate hate hate wearing concealer and won't wear foundation, so I'm excited to try this much more reasonably-priced dark spot regimen from a soon-to-be dermatologist and mother who has struggled with similar skincare concerns. 


Favorite Treat: DoubleTree Hotel Cookies. When I worked in town, the guy from the DoubleTree hotel down the street would drop off cookies at the office all the time, and so I would bring them home to Bert. Since I no longer work in town, there's a shortage of DoubleTree cookies in the house, so I tried this copycat recipe...and I've already made it twice! Bert LOVES them. Highly recommend!


Favorite House Inspire: Fixer Upper. 2016 is The Year of several things, one of them being The Year of The House. I love this style, and it fits in well with what we already have, so I am going to use these ideas as a guide for some projects I would like to complete this year! I don't watch the show, but I read the blog, and it gives me house envy every time! 


Favorite To-Try: Gnocchi with spinach, mushrooms, and crispy proscuitto. This just looks tasty!! And mmmmm proscuitto. 


Favorite Gifts List: A Good Gifts List. I LOVE this blog, and I love her list of gift ideas for children and adults. I am done shopping for my people this year, but I already know I'll be referring to this list next year. She has great ideas for toys that will last through multiple children and encourage imaginations.


Favorite Funny: Stay-at-home Mom Life As Told By Kevin McCallister. This is true. All so true. Bonus points for one of the best holiday movies of all time.  



Favorite Reality Check: A Day In the Life of Laura Lacquer. This is the same soon-to-be-dermatologist I mentioned above. Did I mention she graduated from Harvard, or that she's a mom of two little girls, one of whom is a newborn, or that SHE'S THE SAME AGE AS ME? When I'm like "OMG I can't even today." I think of this post about how she is a mom and also, like, saves lives. GET IT TOGETHER JOHNSTON. 


Favorite Fit: Withings Fit Watch. I LOVE my Fitbit. LOVE. But sometimes I wish it looked a little sleeker. Like this watch! And they're comparatively priced. I won't be unloading my Fitbit anytime soon, but if you're on the hunt for an exercise watch that isn't obviously an exercise watch, this looks like a great option! I can't wait to see if they expand the features it offers to include an active minutes function like fitbit has.



No comments:

Post a Comment