Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Favorites 1.22.16

Happy Friday! I hope your week was the best! And if it wasn't, adios to this week, hola to the next!

My grandparents are in town from Indiana, so we're spending the day visiting and driving around the ranch and, of course, playing with Wacey. This weekend, we're not doing much. I'm planning my monthly grocery store assault (I start the list a week-plus early because I always forget things), and also planning my assault on my goals for 2016. We've had a run-around, busy couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to a slow-down. I'm also trying my Pure Barre DVD for the first time, I'm crossing my fingers that I fall in love because I want to so badly!

And there's no SoulCycle in the boonies, so I have to try one of these new fitness trends that my newsfeed is full of!

Favorite Sparkle: Aquamarine Earrings. Oh my gosh you guys. I LOVE these earrings. I just showed them to Bert and was like "In case you ever need an idea about what to get me ever..." My engagement ring has an aquamarine in the center, and I've always wanted earrings to match, but I haven't found any that don't look like costume jewelry. These are unusual, and SO COOL, and studs #forthewin.


Favorite Paint: Distressed Navy Blue. I have painting plans this  year, and I love love love this idea for a yet-to-be-purchased dresser for the living room. Our upstairs paint is Revere Pewter, and the dining room table and other wood is dark, so I think this color would be a not-too-loud pop of semi-neutral color. 


Favorite Indulge: Twisted Cinnamon Brioche Rolls. These look pretty and delicious! Plus mini things are my fave.


Favorite Fitness: Arms Challenge. I can't seem to commit to working for a set amount of time every day, so these little challenges are perfect for me. By the time I'm bored with them, they're over, and I move on to another one, or take a week off and start again if I like them. I know, not the best workout practice, but if I mix and match I end up doing a good weights workout 4-5 times a week. I'm doing two a month this year! This is my current one, and I'm doing a legs challenge too. This plus treadmill and some Pure Barre DVDs are the foundation for my 2016 workouts!



Favorite Food: Crispy Potato Roast. Crispy potatoes with tender centers with herbs and pancetta? Sign me up! These are kind of like a marriage between scalloped potatoes and french fries, and I don't hate it. 


Favorite Print: It's a Good Day. I just like this. It's cute! And it's true. Every day, no matter what, is a good day to have a good day. I've been hunting printables and ideas for my gallery wall project this year, and I like this one a lot!


Favorite Funny: Lines from Gone With the Wind. Oh my heavens I laughed so hard at this! Especially Samuel L. Jackson. Oh man. I wish I could act.




Favorite Hair: Long Bob with Waves. Ah, hair envy. I cut my hair a tick too short the last time I got a cut, so I'm waiting to get it cut again until it grows out to a little longer than this length. I have dreams of re-creating this hair on myself every day--too bad the good lord gave me hair that falls somewhere on the spectrum between Rat's Nest and Brillo. I'm on the hunt for the perfect products, though, and I think I'm close!




Favorite Home Inspire: Horse Above the Mantle. I love paintings like these. My friend's mom has one of a Hereford cow and I covet it. I am trying to find the right one for our bedroom--Bert isn't the biggest fan, but I am holding out hope! If nothing else, I've thought of blowing up a picture of our best horse Asa (aka Bert's best friend) and painting over the photograph myself. 


Favorite Variations: Madeleines.
I've had a slight obsession with Madeleines since high school French and my mom buying me a Madeleine pan for Christmas. Light, fluffy, classy, and delicious! I'm particularly intrigued by the black & white and spice variations.

Favorite Little Fashion: Mess Maker Tee. I'm not the biggest fan of graphic tees, but Wacey could use one like this because truth. Plus, tiny size t-shirts make my heart melt.
Favorite Trend On Whose Bandwagon I May Have to Jump: Fur Pom Beanie. I don't have any of these hats. This looks like a nice hat. Maybe I ought to purchase one--all the cool kids are doing it!


Favorite Hmmmmm: Replica Perfume. I love this idea! I'm all about scents reminding me of places, aka cinnamon ALL the time. AND oranges. And vanilla. Mmmmm and saddle leather. And lavender, and peppermint. 

Happy Friday! See y'all Sunday for this weekend's Sunday Night Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment