Friday, January 29, 2016

Wacey's First Birthday Party Inspiration and Gift Ideas

Y'all. Wacey's birthday is in like, a week and two days, and I've done literally nothing to prepare. I haven't bought any gifts, haven't planned a menu, or cake, and I actually have yet to invite everyone.

Can you tell we're going low-key this year? 

Partially, this is because this is how we do. We're not big party-throwers, we'll just be having the family over and I think we're going to go with a Fiesta theme because my father-in-law is bringing along a big pot of his famous green chili. Partially, we're not throwing the biggest fandango because well, he's one. He won't remember it, and while I don't think we shouldn't throw a party, we'll leave the bigger to-dos when he can pick the guest list and choose what he wants to do. 

While I'm all about keeping it low-key, the likelihood of a pinata is pretty high, and the likelihood of cupcakes is 100%. There will definitely be banners, because they're my jam. Because, even if it's just a few people, there's no such thing as too few decorations! amiright?

This party is serving as inspiration but scale it back lots of percents ;)


We're also going easy on the gifts this year. This is because this boy was spoiled rotten by all involved at Christmas, and because he's growing so fast that I have no idea what size he's going to be for summer clothes, or what he's going to be into in a couple of months.

So. Here's the big bad list of what we're planning on getting for him, and the wishlist I've asked for from the grandparents.



One: We have a pair of jeans with a waistband like these and I LOVE them. His other jeans seem to get too tight around the waist before he grows out of the rest of them, so this might be the route we go for awhile. I'm waiting for a Carter's/Oshkosh sale to scoop these up!

Two: Pop-up Toy. Wacey's Mimi and Grumpy have one of these at their house, and Wacey loves it! The element of surprise, I guess,

Three: I'm thinking in advance for rodeos this summer, and little baby cowboy clothes are too much for this momma to resist. My Oshkosh cart has a couple of these bad boys in it.

Four: Wooden ruler growth chart. I'm making him one because they're adorable and movable, which is essential if you're like us and don't know if you'll be spending the next eighteen years in one house!

Five: Evenflo Tribute DLX Carseat. I scored him a fancy Recaro convertible carseat for a major steal on Black Friday, but we need a spare for my Jeep. I can't stomach spending $200+ dollars on a carseat that he'll sit in for less than a half hour at a time, and this one has great reviews and great safety ratings. PLUS, I found it on sale for less than $50, which is cheaper than the slightly less plush regular and Sport Tribute carseats! Score. 

Six: Dishes! While he's not quite ready to use dishes yet, I'm hoping he will be before he turns, like, two. I like these because they're not covered in cartoon characters and can be used for both boys and girls. And mom, and dad, and the dogs, maybe a cow...

Seven: Little People farm toys. My mom got Wacey a Little People farm for Christmas and he LOVES it, so I asked for some more pieces, since I imagine he'll be playing with it for a long time. 

Eight: These Carter's socks are my very favorite. They go all the way up to his knees so it takes him longer to pull them off and they'll work with boots. They're also thin enough to wear in the summertime. 

Nine & Ten: More baby boy clothes in the Oshkosh cart because I have a problem and chambray is one of my love languages. 

Eleven: Caterpillar tunnel because it's great and Wacey enjoys crawling through things. Plus, this collapses for easy storage under the sofa and the legs keep it from flopping over. 

Twelve: Shape sorter, another hit from Mimi's house! I can get down with that jive because it's a learning activity, right? 

Okay, so not world's most exciting gifts list, but since Wacey is currently spending 95% of his time licking his bouncy horse and wading through all the toys in the playroom, I'm holding off on excessive toy buying or buying clothes until a little closer to summer when I have a better idea of what size he'll be--18-24 months or, like, 6T. 

You know. Happy Friday!







No comments:

Post a Comment