Monday, January 25, 2016

Unremarkable

I'm trying really hard to be consistent with posting on the blog, but some days I can't think of anything to write about. I try to write about topics that are interesting or funny, but then I realized how much it annoys me when other bloggers do that: pretend like their whole life is made up of funny and interesting days. Because life is full of days that are amazing, but entirely unremarkable.


Today was one of those. Wacey is in a really neat stage right now where he's napping reliably in the morning, and in a good mood for the grand majority of the day. Today he laid it on pretty thick with the giggles and the funny faces, and even with the milk river from the overturned bottle in the backseat and the baby who is still awake way past his bedtime, it was a gem of a day.

This most recent stage means that he'll play by himself while I work or will tolerate me being on the treadmill to squeeze in a workout if I didn't get one in before he woke up--as long as I make faces at him while I do so. It also means that I'm less stressed and able to get more done and be less worn out in the evenings, which is a win-win for everyone.

It doesn't mean it's like this every day, or all day every day--he still gets cranky (hellllooooo teeth), he still occasionally wakes up at night for a bottle (again, teeth). He still has stinky diaper blowouts (somehow, last week, he managed to get poop on his socks), and will every now again wake up after an hour in the morning and be cranky for the rest of the day. He's still, you know, a baby. Babies are people, too, so you can't expect them to be thrilled with life all the time.

But tell me that a baby giggling his little heart out while you're dancing to songs from Grease in the living room isn't just the greatest.




No comments:

Post a Comment