Monday, February 8, 2016

Wacey Turns One

We spent a lot of this last weekend celebrating our big baby boys first birthday! I truly can't believe it's been a year. There's been a lot of "This time last year we were having our last dinner out before Wacey was born/going to the hospital/walking around the hospital/in the delivery room/etc." between me and Bert and it's surreal!

The party was so fun. We had just a little party with family, but it was great for all six of the cousins to get to play together. Wacey doesn't see very many other kids, so he get a huge kick out of playing with people a little closer to his size. 

I went light on the decorations, since it was just a little baby fiesta, but we had a blast having homemade tacos and cupcakes, watching Wacey smash his cupcake (and become obsessed with cupcakes and ice cream, just like his momma!), chew on open his presents, and watching his football-obsessed oldest boy cousin try and convince him to love his football more than his other presents was hilarious. 


Cupcakes, crepe paper, and banners of any kind are my jam. My poor children will be subject to this celebration decor until they are old enough to beg me to stop. 





He was a little uncertain at first, but then? Love.


 




 



He also couldn't figure out why he had such a crowd, but he didn't really care at all. 



ICE CREAM.



How Wacey approaches all the things in life: lick it first, then decide.

There it is! My baby boy is now a toddler, my Broncos won the Superbowl, and Wacey's got a checkup in town tomorrow so I'm guaranteed a Starbucks and Target run. 

Goodnight, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment