Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Favorites: 2.12.16

Happy Friday, y'all! It's been a lovely week down in these here parts. We've finally hit a thaw, and I will happily trade the cold for the ridiculous amounts of mud that we have from all the snowmelt. #countryliving at its finest, and realest. We don't have any exciting weekend plans--we don't do much for Valentine's Day. 

WHAAAAT?! I know. Let me explain.

We had Wacey's birthday last weekend. Big party, big fun! So, we're not hankering for a big to-do. Every year that Bert and I have been together (this will be Valentine's Day numero cinco), we've been calving cows at this time, or in the middle of blizzards. Or both. Not exactly a recipe for romance. That being said, last year Bert surprised me with a box of chocolates and I cried. Literally. There is nothing more amazing than a box of chocolates (okay, and sleep) one week after having a baby. My mom offered to babysit, but I told her maybe we'll hit the town on Arbor Day or something once the calves are born. If you have fun plans this weekend, I hope they deliver on the fun! 

With that graceful segue in mind, here are some things I've been drooling over this week on the internets

Favorite Footwear (That I Keep Pinning But Not Buying): Booo-tays. I love these. They're speaking to me. Maybe I'll buy them in like two years. I have a fear of buying non-rugged, non-washable, non-waterproof footwear because #countryliving. I like the versatility of these, as well as the low heel and interesting strap business. 
Favorite Indulge: Moet & Chandon Rose Champagne. Okay, so the likelihood of me ever actually buying a bottle of M&C is pretty slim--I have about a jillion other things I'd rather spend my money on. But. Apparently, moms drink wine. My mom groups on Facebook say so. I'm not really a wine fan. I'll occasionally (read: less than ten times a year) have a beer (Hoegaarden is my absolute fave. Girly beer heaven, y'all.), but I don't like wine. You know what I do like, though? Champagne. I LOVE champagne. So, I was thinking. Why do I have to wait for a wedding to drink a little bubbly? Why not get a few of those little champagne bottles for when I'm in the mood to celebrate being alive? Bonus points for rose. Because pink.

Favorite Truth: Small Gang. Wacey doesn't talk, but he makes TONS of sounds, and will "talk" back to me. We visit with each other constantly. So, when we're out, we growl at each other, talk about produce, expound upon our love for dadadadada, sing some ditties (not always about Jack and Diane), and people look at us. Like there's the one VERY tall man in Safeway who I routinely see and I think he thinks we're crazy. When I saw this, I was like YES! We're a really small gang. We give a whole new meaning to "womb to tomb, birth to earth." So hey, staring people: you're not in our gang. Your shoes are clean and you think a grocery store is an odd place to growl.
 

Favorite Beauty: Glamglow mask. I've been looking for a face mask, and this one gets alltheraves. It is pricey, so I'll be picking up a sample (or two) when I'm in town in a couple weeks to see if it's all everyone says it is.
Favorite Hairs (?): This. The aforementioned town trip is for a visit to my hair goddess. I've recently discovered some hair products that make me think I might actually be able to style my hair (I'll do a post about it if it comes true!), and am toying with a cut like this one. I was resisting short because I didn't want it to be a mom bob, but this cut isn't frumpy at all, and my hair's at least this thick, so this looks like a possibility!


Favorite Foliage: Lavender. I'm brainstorming what to put in front of the house since I cut down the really sad bushes there last fall. I was thinking peonies, but I like the idea of lavender for this project instead. This variety in particular doesn't require tons of water or care and it will smell ahhh-mazing coming in through the bedroom windows. Plus it's so pretty, and perennial!


Favorite Mama + Mini: Mama Bear/Baby Bear shirts. I don't get very many chances to match Wace, and so I can't wait to scoop up one of these sets! I have a major weakness for baseball tees, but I like the graphics on the grey ones a little better. I also like "baby bear" a little better, I don't know why, but the gal who makes the baseball tees has a "baby bear" shirt, too...ahhh so many choices! This might be a (very) early Mother's Day present to myself :) 



Favorite "Please Oh Please Go On Sale!!!!!": Peplum top. I love this top for so many reasons. It's light, airy, will go well with boots and jeans or capris or shorts (always thinking about summer rodeos ha), it's forgiving to cover up present and future pre- and post-baby body-ness, it's feminine, and it has a longer short sleeve. It's a little out of my price range at the moment, but I've gotten some major steals from Anthro in the past, so I'm hoping and praying this becomes one of them!!! 


Favorite DIY: Restoration Hardware-esque shelves. These are the kinds of shelves I want to do downstairs. Sort of rustic, sort of utilitarian, sort of unexpected, entirely durable, entirely awesome.

Favorite Baby Wear: Chambray shorts. I know I put these on Wacey's birthday list, but I can't stop thinking about how cute they'll look on his chubby little legs. I'll scoop them up when Oshkosh is having a sale closer to summer--I have no idea what size this boy is going to wear!

Favorite Funny: Got Beef Window Decal. I bought this. No joke. I'm putting it in the back window of the Subaru as soon as it arrives next week. If you've been to Colorado, you know that there are a lot of Subarus. And lots (not all, of course) of people driving in those Subarus aren't exactly in love with beef, or ranching. So, this is my way of supporting my industry while driving in my hippie mom car. Not politically correct in the slightest, but neither am I. 


Favorite Food: White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies. I had a sudden craving for these the other day, and this recipe looks soooooo good. Can you tell I've been trying to eat healthier lately? I'm like "I love brown rice and salad, but Lord, give me all the cookies." 


Favorite YES PLEASE: You Had Me at You're. I guess I'm into shirts this week--apparently the warm weather has me thinking about short sleeves! Anyways. This is so me. I will admit that when I know someone who routinely uses incorrect contractions--not just a typo here and there--or has issues with plural forms of words, etc., it's like spinach in their teeth. I want to forget that it happened, but I can't! I know. Totally awful, sort of elitist, and kind of snooty. I'm like Chandler and his girlfriends. But. The grand, vast majority of these people have college degrees, so I know they were required to take grammar in school. YOU GUYS. Your. You're. A lot. Alot. Woman. Women. Too. To. Two. Lose. Loose. ALL of these things are not like the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment