Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Night Highlights 2.14.16



Weekend Adventures:

  • Today is, of course, Valentine's Day! As I mentioned before, we don't make a big fuss. I surprised Bert with a book he's asked me to check out of the library twice (The Cattle Health Handbook--it's a good all-around reference), and Wace and I snuck into town yesterday to get Dairy Queen ice cream cupcakes for our number one guy because we can and they're delicious and little surprises make my world go round.
  • I was surprised with potted hydrangeas and chocolate, which is my idea of a good time. I'm an avid chocolate lover, and I LOVE flowers, so while it may seem pretty #basic, sometimes basic is best, you know?
  • Wacey and I celebrated today by our first long walk with my neighborfriend and it was wonderful! She got him (us) a clear wind cover (windshield) for his stroller for his birthday and it's made all the difference. 
Agriculture:

  • One pound of wool can make ten miles of yarn.
  • The pleats in a chef's hat are supposed to represent the number of ways you can make eggs. I guess that means there's more than scrambled, overeasy, sunny side up, hardboiled, poached, and Benedict. I'm actually surprised I know that many. Does McMuffin count? What about mayonnaise?
  • One acre of soybeans can produce over 82,000 crayons. 


On the Ranch:
  • OMG all the calves, and the mud. You know spring is slowly creeping around the corner, though, because the roping dummies are starting to come out. Ranch rodeo season is getting closer and closer! 
On the Home Front:
  • We've had a busy week of one-year-checkups, all the produce, and lots of stuff at work, but you know? I don't hate it. 
  • This week, I started Fit Girl's Guide and I LOVE it. I'm doing the fitkini challenge, and it's amazing! While I'm following the workouts, I'm not following the meal plan exactly, but trying to stick to the general theme of all the meals and really ramping up my fruit & veggie intake. The workouts are simple, effective, and take less than a half hour.
  • We've (okay, mostly me) been watch Pretty Little Liars and we're almost done. The dramatic hijinks keep on coming and it's sort of great.

No comments:

Post a Comment